May 1, 2017 by
a text entry box
In this final reflection, please read the following:
- Richard E. Ladner. 2015. Design for user empowerment. interactions 22, 2 (February 2015), 24-29. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2723869
- Meredith Ringel Morris, Andrew Begel, and Ben Wiedermann. 2015. Understanding the Challenges Faced by Neurodiverse Software Engineering Employees: Towards a More Inclusive and Productive Technical Workforce. In Proceedings of the 17th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers & Accessibility (ASSETS '15). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 173-184. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2700648.2809841
Please reflect on the following (400-600, total, not including the questions you pose for class):
- For those of you who have had industry experience (could be tech related or not), were the work environments accessible to Neurodiverse employees based on the findings of Morris et al.'s paper?
- Any results from Morris et al.'s paper surprise you about work environments and inclusivity?
- Reflecting on all three articles: What can you do, as a person in technology, to be more inclusive of people with disabilities as employees and target users in your future of developing software?
Please remember to include 3-5 discussion questions for the class.
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.